Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sober But Feeling Weird

I drank a little bit over the weekend but very much in moderation. No booze since Saturday and I am the better for it of course. I have been sleeping pretty well except last night we had a huge storm which kept the dogs and my husband awake so I woke up intermittently. When I got up this morning I felt tired and thought I had a hangover...it took me a little while to remember that I didn't drink anything and, therefore, couldn't have a hangover.

For the last couple of mornings I have had that feeling. If it takes me awhile to wake up I think to myself, "well I will drink an extra diet coke and have some aspirin." But once my usual dosage of caffeine kicks in and I start feeling normal I realize that I don't have a hangover. It's kind of weird. It reminds me of stories I hear about amputees who still feel the missing limb even after its gone. I still feel my hangover even though its not there. Kind of bizarre, huh?

I have been having great workouts this week. I am too fat and out of shape but I am starting to get that old motivated feeling. The kind of resolve I had almost forgotten. Hope I can hold on to it.

4 comments:

Anybeth said...

Sometimes just waking up takes a minute. And I know the days I'm not hungover it STILL takes me a minute to really "wake up". and I'm not hungover most of the time.

I think my alarm clock needs a coffee IV into my arm. That would be effective, wouldn't it?

~Tyra~ said...

I would like to get back into exercising and eating healthy. I guess I've just been too lazy.

molly said...

just checking in on ya :)

Anybeth said...

hey, just stopping by to say hello!