Thursday, April 17, 2008

Napa or Bust

So today is the day that my husband and I head to Napa, California to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I am very nervous. I have managed not to drink all week and I am going to try not to drink anything when we arrive this evening. But we have 3 days of wine tastings planned and I am so nervous about drinking too much which will, in turn, ruin my chances of sleeping well and make me irritable and anxious. One good thing is that each day during our trip we have lunches or get-togethers planned with family or friends. That gives me an incentive to not drink anything at least until after we see our friends/family.

I don't really enjoy travel much anymore...the airports are nightmares and you never know if you will even get to your destination anymore. When I was in my 20s I was fortunate to be able to travel all around the world so I guess I kind of feel like I have done it and I would rather wait until travel is safer and easier. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well during our travels and that our trip is relatively stress free.

I want to make sure that my husband has a good time...I am trying to keep my worries under control because he is so excited about this vacation. And if anyone deserves a great vacation it's my husband because he is a wonderful sweet person. So, wish us luck this weekend.

2 comments:

molly said...

i used to enjoy traveling when I was younger too. not so much now.

have a wonderful trip and hope to "see" you when u get back.

Anybeth said...

How was your trip?