Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Napa Was Good

Well the trip went fine. We arrived, exhausted, on Thursday night. It's a very long trip to Napa from our home. I crawled into bed and went to sleep. My husband drank a little wine to kick off the trip but I didn't cave and have any. The next day we drove around to wineries and I did a little tasting but didn't overdo it. Unfortunately on Friday night we got some wine and room service and I had too much to drink so I didn't sleep well. I was so mad at myself. A little confused too because I tried so hard to pace myself.

Saturday and Sunday were much better. I started just sharing my husband's tasting flights and I didn't get drunk at all. On Sunday some friends of ours drove up from San Francisco to go to April in Carneros with us -- we must have visited 10 wineries. I got to where I didn't even taste all the wines and I was so proud of myself. I was even the designated driver on Saturday night when we drove about 30 miles to dinner. The meal was totally overrated but I was proud that I could say no to booze for a night!

My husband bought about 4 cases of wine and I have to say I am disappointed that he did so because it's getting easier for me to say no to wine because it messes me up so much. I still crave vodka but the wine is a quick high that ruins the next day or so for me because I can't sleep when I drink it so I just don't really want any.

I notice that Ann and Any Beth have posted pictures of their cats. I will post photos of my babies later today...your cats are so cute and now I want you to see mine!

Thanks for your support and encouragement - it really means so much to me.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad to hear that your trip went well. You are making progress Bunny!! Keep it up. We can beat this thing!

P.S. Can't wait to meet kittie(s)!

Anybeth said...

that sounds like a pretty good trip. And when was the last time you were the designated driver? I know I didn't do that much in the past. Someone else always had to drive my sorry drunk-ass around.

molly said...

i loved the wine country.. my best friend & i went to Sonoma twice. it is so beautiful. i'm looking forward to finding other vacation spots in the future that are just as spectacular - just won't be wineries anymore. That used to bother me to think i "couldn't" go back but i feel totally okay with it now. Napa and that area are just LOVELY though.

glad u enjoyed it and hope to see ya back again soon!!

~Tyra~ said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip, take care.

Jenn said...

Hey, I thought we were gonna get to meet the kitties!!!

Hope you are well!