Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 8

Man do I want a drink. Its 9pm and I am watching Without A Trace on TV. I slept like crap last night - I have been having some pretty awful nightmares - and consequently I am extremely tired now. Also I am cranky. I feel like a lot of my clients are being difficult but really they probably aren't; when I am tired everything looks bleak and I lack patience with other people.

I hope I can manage to not have a drink for the next hour until I go to bed. I am feeling like just a little drink would help me sleep and I am sure it would. The problem is that I have a hard time having just one little drink and if I drink too much it makes me wake up in the middle of the night. I don't think that booze always did that to me but maybe it did. I think its the sugar that makes me wake up after I go to sleep - and then I can't get back to sleep.

Here's to resisting temptation......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - we are in tune! i am on day 8 and was so excited as i had exercised each day, and wasn't even tempted... till tonight.

thanks for being strong and sharing yr thoughts.

x

Pam Jarnagin said...

It helped/helps me to brush my teeth. Being lazy, I didn't want to have to brush them twice, so if I went ahead and did that, it helped me to stave off that temptation a little. It helps now when I'm tempted to snack before bed, too.

Of course, what you're saying about the one drink leading to another... a lot of times I just went to bed with my face unwashed and my teeth unbrushed, and woke up the next morning (or in the middle of the night!) with my makeup smeared, mascara and foundation on the pillow, and feeling like something had died in my mouth. Ahh... the good old days! :D