Thursday, March 20, 2008

Another Day with no booze......

Well its Thursday and I feel good. I am SO tempted to pour myself a tasty vodka but I am managing to resist. I slept so well last night and I want to do everything I can to try to get another good night of sleep tonight. So as tempted as I am to drink I desire sleep more and I sure hope I can get it. I never know when I lie down if I am going to sleep or just toss and turn.

Yesterday I called one of my best friends to talk to her about my rage about my sister. This particular friend has spent a lot of time in therapy dealing with her own issues and I guess the good advice must have rubbed off on her. She was a great help to me and I have been feeling so much calmer about the situation ever since I talked to her. I need to try to only focus on myself and not worry so much about my family. I have to set and achieve aggressive goals for myself. Thats when I have been the happiest in life...when I push myself hard to achieve something big and then I do it.

2 comments:

Anybeth said...

I'm happy when I'm busy. If I lie down at night after working on something all day, and see some results, I sleep better knowing I didn't waste the day away.

But I have to also leave time for rest, and taking care of myself. Sometimes Sunday is for me only about reading a good book, napping, maybe taking a walk in the park. Restful things.

Anonymous said...

Anybeth, You sound like a great lady. My best to you and all the accomplishnents you have made.

Hopefully, I too, am alot like ...Bunny... I do not wish to be recognized. I believe I may overcome the battle anonymously... hopefully.

The addiction is so embarrasing... Until * get over that ..I shall remain.. Anom