Monday, March 24, 2008

Monday, Sober, Wish I Was Drinking

No booze yesterday which was a good idea. Mondays go so much better for me when I am not hungover and when I have at least had a fighting chance at a decent nights sleep. I didn't sleep all that well mainly because one of our dogs was snoring and I had a stopped up nose. I think. Who knows why I seldom sleep well. I want a drink so badly right now....but I know that tonight I will resist.

I had an epiphany today. I read an article about the characteristics of happy people. One of the characteristics of happy people is that they apparently don't think thoughts like, "if only I were thin I would be happy" or "if only I had more money I would be happy". I don't really have thoughts that if I were magically thinner or richer that I would be happier. But, I know that if I change my habits and take better care of myself I will be happier and that my general output will be higher. Then I started thinking about my feelings about my life right now, a life that is truly happy and blessed. And the truth is that I am not satisfied with my life right now and I wonder if its because I am waiting for excitement.

I used fantasize about the great things that would happen after business school, after I met the man of my dreams, after I got married....and so on. Well I have an MBA, a house, and a husband and its not that exciting. The last time I was super excited about the future was when I was in graduate school. I believed that once I finished that a great opportunity would present itself. It never really did. Well, I thought it did, but the job turned out to be a bad opportunity that I hadn't researched well enough.

Don't get me wrong I love my husband so much. He is kind of getting on my nerves lately because he has been working from home for the past 2 weeks and I work from home which is a little bit too much togetherness. But I am happy. When I am not hungover and I get enough sleep I am happy but I think I will be much happier when I feel like I am accomplishing more with my career and when I am back in shape. I cant figure out if I think that something exciting will happen as a result of improved career and weight loss/getting in shape or if that end will be enough for me. Once I get back in shape I am thinking of joining a running club and training for a 1/2 marathon. I used to be a competitive athlete and it felt so good to run hard and win. Maybe that will fill whatever need for excitement and competition I have.

All I know is that to find out I have to stay off the sauce as much as possible.

5 comments:

Anybeth said...

What was it about the day/night that had you craving a drink so badly? That will help you decide what is more important, your health and well being, your sleep, or a vodka on the rocks.

~Tyra~ said...

Hope you are well.

Jenn said...

Hey Bunny, I'm back! :o) I tagged you on my blog for a litte "what were you doing" game. Hope you post soon. Just remember, your not alone.

Anybeth said...

Where you been sweetie? I hope you are well.

Shadow said...

ha! i work with hubby too and i know what you're saying... too much of a good thing is wonderful i say, but not when it's working with hubby, heee heee heee